Author Topic: Help with mod  (Read 322 times)

Offline Tng_Fan

• Cookies: 0
Help with mod
« on: March 14, 2017, 03:44:08 AM »
Hello, I have Bridge Commander with the Kobayashi Maru Mod. Recently I wanted to download more powerful ships. I went to Nexus Mods and download a file which makes the sovereign more powerful. I think it's called sovereign HP II but not sure exactly. I followed the directions which said to put the sovereign.py file in the ships hard points folder however when I went play the game I had the normal sovereign and not the more powerful version.

Any ideas on why it's not working?

Thanks.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
Re: Help with mod
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 06:12:25 AM »
Hello, I have Bridge Commander with the Kobayashi Maru Mod. Recently I wanted to download more powerful ships. I went to Nexus Mods and download a file which makes the sovereign more powerful. I think it's called sovereign HP II but not sure exactly. I followed the directions which said to put the sovereign.py file in the ships hard points folder however when I went play the game I had the normal sovereign and not the more powerful version.

Any ideas on why it's not working?

Thanks.

Three possible things going on there. When you changed out the hardpoint scripts, make sure you deleted both the .py and .pyc files. Second, make sure the Script/Ship.py file is calling on the new .py hardpoint (the spelling is case sensitive).

You can study the modded .py hardpoint specs, to see if there are any noticeable differences in the ship stats. On the off chance, the modded settings may not have been, what you were looking for.

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline Tng_Fan

• Cookies: 0
Re: Help with mod
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2017, 03:49:12 PM »
Thanks I think it might be because I have to also delete the pyc file like you said since I didn't do that. I will check it when I get home tomorrow.